The term staycation is not unheard of. However, whenever we think of taking a break, we either check flight tickets to nearby places or opt for a long drive. The luxury lovers usually book a business class to one of the finest hotels with a majestic view and breakfast in beds.
Here are a few issues with your last minute vacation plans:
- The best hotels are almost full
- Ticket rates are skyrocketing
- Drive is fine but it leaves you tired and the weekend goes by just being tired
- The same life only in a different city
- Much more expensive than you’d actually budgeted
- Too short a time to know the place
Now, if I were you and had to plan all that, I’d just switch on my AC, put on the music and lay cozy in bed. So much trouble and expense for 2 days when you wouldn’t feel anything but physically tired at the end of it. Doesn’t make much sense to me. Rather, why not opt for a staycation?
A staycation literally means a holiday spent in one’s home country rather than abroad, or one spent at home and involving day trips to local attractions. But for people living in the metros, a staycation is just another getaway in the city!
Pool side at The Resort, Madh
A staycation at The Resort, Madh is where I headed to a few weekends back. While I have visited the resort before for a snack or two in their restaurant BayWatch, I haven’t really stayed there. I was doubtful if people do come and actually stay in a resort in the same city and to my surprise, it was almost houseful! Well, without much ado, let me tell you just why I would choose a staycation at The Resort:
- Very much within the city limits of Mumbai
- The view is amazing. All rooms are sea facing
- The drive is a nature lover’s paradise
- Food is a lavish spread overlooking the pool as well as the seaside
- A one-night B&B package costs INR 5010 as per Trivago. (Much cheaper than having to travel to a different place and living in a mediocre room)
- The rooms are very intelligently built
- A huge, well lit and well maintained property and is perfect for a peaceful stroll
The scrumptious food
To me, staycation is a time saving, cost saving, energy saving and a very relaxing experience. Whenever I want a quick recharge, a staycation it is!