Off late, I have been trying to take a little extra care of skin. Thankfully, I have always been blessed with good skin but yes, winter is one reason, another reason being a lot of travelling around. Change of weather, different water, sleep pattern and ofcourse the tiredness has taken a toll on my skin. It has not only become dry and patchy but also sunburnt. Add to it some acne, oily zones, rough skin, etc. I tried a variety of products in the market but none that was multipurpose until someone told me to try some baking soda. I wasn’t too sure of how that would help but I did give it a shot and, voila! My skin is definitely coming back to normal.
Well now let’s see the ten uses of baking soda in our everyday lives:
- Mix a teaspoon of baking soda with a bit of vinegar to make a paste and smear it on your underarms. Helps keep smell away and also makes the underarm fairer. You can use a lemon-baking soda scrub for fairer underarms too!
- Mix a small amount of baking soda with you facewash and see your skin glow! Adding some baking soda and lemon juice to your regular facepack/skinpack helps remove tan, blackheads and soothes skin.
- Use 2 teaspoon baking soda in one bucket warm water for a relaxing bath. It also helps relieve itchiness and sunburn.
- If you suffer from body odour, keep a small spray bottle with baking soda and water solution and spray on your body if you think you are starting to emanate a foul smell.
Baking soda is not only a wonder powder for your face but also your kitchen and other uses
- A pinch of baking soda while whisking your eggs helps make super fluffy omlettes.
- Mix a teaspoon of baking soda with a cup of warm water and use it to get a sparkling clean and smell free refrigerator and oven. You can even clean your coffee and tea stained cups with a baking soda paste.
- In case you are suffering from bleeding gums, use baking soda to massage your gums with. It stops the bleeding and soothes the pain while keeping odour causing bacteria away.
- You can also include a bit of baking soda in your everyday brushing routine to get sparkling white teeth.
- Word has it that baking soda can even lower your sugar craving! A glass of warm water with baking soda used to rinse one’s mouth can help eliminate sugar craving immediately. I guess I should try it sometime soon 😉
- Use a paste of baking soda on a sweat stain, keep it aside for an hour, and then wash it normally. You cloth will look as good as new!
Do share with me if you know of any more such amazing baking soda tricks!
Love N Luck