Like many of you guys, I found my passion in food and hence keep trying cooking random dishes and learning on the go. Here I’m sharing some simple cooking tricks which I’ve learnt over the last few years which may or may not help you enhance your cooking skills 🙂
- Love some extra spice in your food, especially when you are cooking Indian?
Try this – Fry few diced dry chilies in the hot oil first and then sauté your food. That heat of spiced oil will surely pimp up your dish.
- You love to add butter in your recipes but somehow it doesn’t pack a punch?
Try this – Do not put butter on a hot pan. Place butter cubes on cold pan and then turn up the heat. If you still end up with burnt brown butter then add a dash of olive/cooking oil along with butter.
- You eat with your eyes and like to see some color on your food? This trick is awesome.
Try this – Add a pinch of sugar/brown sugar while you sauté. It not just adds a punch of caramelised sweet flavour but also gives a nice glaze and colour to your food.
- Your pasta always turns out to be a gluggy mess?
Try this – Always cook Pasta in a large sized pan and don’t overdo the stirring. Keep track of time and don’t let it overcook.
- You add dried herbs to your dishes like a boss and end up tasting only the herb?
Try this – Never ever use dried herbs in cooking. Always use fresh herbs. Herbs tend to ascend its flavours when dried .
None of the above points are scientifically proven 😀 These simple cooking tips are out of my experience in kitchen and lessons from my mom. Try them & let me know what you guys think in comments below.
Love N Luck