Seems like the fasting period refuses to stop! First, the month of Ramadan, the end of which is marked by the world’s most delicious savories and sweets. And then, started the Hindu month of Shravan, a time when they only survive on vegetarian food, keeping aside even garlic, onions and rice too! So now, what’s the best part of these fasting periods?
First – We feel lighter and cleansed.
Second – We lose weight! Yes. I have seen so many friends who get all toned just in a month and only with some timely proper no junk food. Surprising no? Makes me really want to give a headstart into it, but the foodie that I am, I fail massively. And I am sure I am not the only one. There are many of you out there who just cannot fast plainly because of the love of good food.
But then, not necessary all good food be unhealthy, right? So, for all those of you who cannot stay without good food, especially rice (I am a Bengali, its our staple :D), here’s a quick and easy multigrain rice recipe.
Easy Multigrain Rice Recipe
- Brown rice
- White rice
- Dalia (broken wheat/bulgur)
- Wash and soak brown rice for about an hour or half an hour in hot water.
- Put it for boil. When half done, put thoroughly washed white rice into it and let it cook.
- I usually use double the amount of water than that of my rice. For eg. 1 cup rice cooked in 2 cups water.
- When it’s almost done, add the dalia. Dalia takes very little time to cook. Keeping it in hot water for too long may make it mushy.
- Let the water soak up. And it’s ready to be devoured!
So get happy and show off your new found love to your fasting friends!
Love N Luck
Image courtesy – Beyond Kimchee