You guys must be wondering whats with me and my constant posts on festivals, especially Diwali. Well, my Durga Puja went utterly sad and for a bong thats a total heartbreak 😀 . So I am trying to cover up for those lost days during Diwali. My college doesnt give us much of holidays you know so there’s not much I can do to celebrate all the festivals lavishly with heavily laden table full of delicacies and sweetmeats. Also, I have a retarded digestive system that does not allow me to gorge on outside food much. The solution? I have to treat myself, always! 😀
But then, is cooking easy? Certainly not for someone who has a 10 to 6 college timings :/ . But greedy that I am, I wanted to treat myself and my friends to something different, that too a sweet dish. And today, I am sharing with you the recipe of that. This is so basic, even a 5 year old can make it 😉 But it tastes awesome! So share the sweetness with your family, friends and guests this festive season.
- Sponge Cake (infact any cake will do)
- Chocolate Syrup
- Fresh tropical fruits, finely chopped (of your choice)
- Dry fruits (the only “traditional” ingredient in the list :D)
- Condensed Milk or Strawberry Syrup
- Fresh Cream or Vanilla ice-cream
- Take a flat surface bowl and base it with crumbled cake
- Top it up with a layer of chocolate syrup
- Now, add another layer of crumbled cake and spread the fruits evenly
- Now, spread condensed milk or strawberry syrup on the fruit layer and top it up with dry fruits of your choice
- Set it in the fridge for like half and hour
- Serve it with a scoop of fresh cream or vanilla ice-cream on top.
|“Your dish should look somewhat like this” Image Source|